The Communications Committee aims to develop and coordinate communication on geosynthetics in all its forms and to promote the appropriate use of geosynthetics via different communication channels.
What We Do
- Coordinate the newsletter with the IGS News Editor
- Provide material to improve the IGS website and provide regular updates
- Promote the circulation of the two official journals of IGS, maintaining relations with their Editors, Editorial Boards, and Publishers
- Produce regular audio-visual pieces for conferences and events, both in the geosynthetics engineering discipline and related disciplines, such as environmental, geotechnical, transportation and hydraulic engineering
- Interact with other IGS committees, and scientific and professional engineering societies in subjects of common interest, where the communication component may play an important role for the benefit of the geosynthetics discipline and IGS
The IGS Corporate Committee aids the development and delivery of benefits to IGS Corporate Members.
Our objective is to ensure the IGS Corporate Membership continues to grow through active recruitment of new corporate members during regular business and at IGS events.
What We Do
- Ensure all IGS Corporate Members are aware of their benefits
- Maintain practices and procedures to deliver Corporate Member Benefits
- Explore new ways to structure Corporate Membership to best align with geosynthetics industry corporations and their goals
- Develop new benefits and augment existing ones according to needs and opportunities
- Grow the Corporate membership
Manifattura Fontana SpA
The Education Committee aims to promote and develop education on geosynthetics in all its forms and to help the promotion of the use of geosynthetics via educational means.
The Committee is composed of IGS Council members and invited IGS members from academia and the geosynthetics industry.
What We Do
- Provide IGS members with educational materials such as leaflets and documents, in multiple languages
- Provide links to geosynthetics-related doctoral theses and lists of geosynthetics textbooks
- Organize webinars on diverse topics related to geosynthetics
- Develop relationships with international sister societies through joint activities, including technical workshops
- Promote undergraduate geosynthetics education through Educate the Educators (ETE) program
IGS Young Members Committee
The IGS Young Members Committee is for members under 36 years of age.
What We Do
- Promote young members’ participation at regional/chapter levels and at all levels within the IGS
- Develop and maintain a membership list of young IGS members in all regions and actively manage their participation in IGS activities and events
- Create and develop a social media platform for awareness and communication through which geosynthetics education, events, and activities can be discussed
- Develop a network to support student members and young members at the university level and their transition into the world of employment, by connecting them to corporate members of the IGS for employment opportunities or further research work opportunities
- Assist the IGS Education Committee, for example the translation of IGS terminology and glossaries into various languages
- Organize interaction and networking sessions with the geosynthetics industry and other young member associations in the engineering sphere to stimulate and activate awareness of the group
- Maintain a friendly platform for the exchange of knowledge, information and questions and to share job opportunities
Chair and Chair for North America Region
Vice Chair and Chair for Europe Region
Chair for Asia-Pacific Region
Chair for South America Region
Lucia Isabel Davila
Chair for Africa and Middle East Region
The IGS Publication Committee aims to ensure consistent high quality across the range of IGS’s published educational and training materials.
What We Do
- Lead responsibility for IGS’ technical review procedures
- Lead technical reviews of all media produced on behalf of the IGS for the purpose of education or training, for example leaflets, papers, presentations and videos.