IGS Technical Committee on Stabilization
The Technical Committee on Stabilization (TC-S) is dedicated to the scientific and engineering development of geosynthetics systems and associated technologies. This committee promotes the dissemination of knowledge, technology, research findings, design and construction methodologies related to stabilization, which has been predominantly applicable to the improved performance of bases and subbases of trafficked areas such as roadways, railways, airfields, and working platforms. The committee’s work extends to applications where geosynthetics provide beneficial stiffening to the surrounding soil particles.
TC-S’s work includes:
- Facilitating the coordination of research globally, for example the compilation of information from multiple field monitoring sites
- Compiling technical literature
- Synthesising research trends
- Conducting sessions at events such as Regional IGS Conferences
- Review research papers
- The “Stabilization” issue in the official journals of the IGS
- Compiling and comparing design approaches and existing practice
- Discussion forums for professionals
Meet Our Leaders
Dr. Russell Jones
Dr. Jacek Kawalec
Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
Prof. Jorge Zornberg
The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Dr. Leos Hornicek
Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
The TC-S accepts applications from individual IGS members and representatives of IGS corporate members.
Login to your personal profile page to apply for TC-S membership
Login to your personal profile page to subscribe to TC-S mailings
Please email TC-S Secretary Dr. Leos Hornicek.