IGS Technical Committee on Barrier Systems
The Technical Committee on Barrier Systems (TC-B) is dedicated to the scientific and engineering development of geosynthetic barrier systems and associated technologies. This committee promotes the knowledge, technology, research findings, design, and construction methodologies related to geosynthetic barrier applications, such as guarding against seepage loss, preventing infiltration, improving the flow of fluids, protecting groundwater, and isolating contaminated soils in geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering.
The TC-B’s work includes:
- leaflets on specific barrier related topics including landfill, mining, groundwater protection, hydraulic engineering, wastewater, agriculture/aquaculture, oil and gas and coal ash.
- an educational video on geosynthetic barrier applications.
- Workshop in Barcelona, Spain – January 2020.
- GeoBarrier Workshop Munich, Germany, 6 – 7 June 2018
- Geosynthetics 2021 conference in Kansas City, USA February 2021.
- A further workshop is planned for 2022. Details to be announced.
Meet Our Leaders
Tonkin + Taylor
Kent P. von Maubeuge
Immediate Past Chair
NAUE GmbH & Co. KG
Jones & Wagener Pty Ltd
Boyd J. Ramsey
Immediate Past Co-Chair
Boyd Ramsey Consulting
Global Synthetics Pty Ltd
The TC-B accepts applications from individual IGS members and representatives of IGS corporate members.
Login to your personal profile page to apply for TC-B membership
Login to your personal profile page to subscribe to TC-B mailings
Please contact TC-B Secretary Amir Shahkolahi.