IGS Technical Committee on Soil Reinforcement
The Technical Committee on Soil Reinforcement (TC-R) is dedicated to the scientific and engineering development of geosynthetics systems and associated technologies. This committee promotes the dissemination of knowledge, technology, research findings, design and construction methodologies related to reinforcement applications of geosynthetics, such as reinforced soil walls and abutments; reinforced soil steep slopes; basal reinforcement of embankments on soft soil, on piles, and on voids; veneer reinforcement of shallow soil layers on slopes.
The TC-R’s work includes:
- Conducting research work to better understand the interaction between soil and geosynthetics
- Recommending ways to improve the safety and cost-effectiveness of reinforced construction
- Reporting on the state of regulations for geosynthetic-reinforced slopes and retaining structures
- Dissemination of conference proceedings
- Organising sessions at IGS conferences to exchange current information on soil reinforcement activities worldwide
Meet Our Leaders
Consultant, Milano, Italy
Dr. Yoshihisa Miyata
Ivan Puig Damians
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTech (UPC, School of Civil Engineering)
The TC-R accepts applications from individual IGS members and representatives of IGS corporate members.
Login to your personal profile page to apply for TC-R membership
Login to your personal profile page to subscribe to TC-R mailings
Please email TC-R Secretary Ivan Puig Damians.