During GeoAmericas 2020 Online (26 – 31 October 2020), the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) held its first Corporate Case Study competition open exclusively to IGS Corporate Members. A shortlist of seven entries were presented during the conference, all of which focused on geosynthetic projects in the Americas.
The winning entry from GeoAmericas now goes forward to the International Final Corporate Case Study Competition in September 2022 at the 12th International Conference on Geosynthetics (12ICG) in Rome, Italy. Winning case studies will also be promoted on the IGS website and in IGS social media feeds.
GEOAMERICAS 2020 CORPORATE CASE STUDY WINNERS
- Application of Geosynthetics Solutions in the Construction of ‘El Salitre’ Artificial Beach – Chile by Fernando Ruiz & Markus Wilke of Huesker Synthetic GmbH
GeoAmericas 2020 Runner Up
- 25m3 Geotextile Bags and Geotextile Tubes Used to Protect a 42” Pipeline against Scouring, 30m Deep on the Sea Bed – Colombia by Nicolas Ruiz of TenCate Geosynthetics Americas & Mauricio Rendón G. of Geomembranas SAS
Additional Shortlisted Presentations
- Reinforced soil slopes for mine remediation – Peru
- Geotextile bags to reconstruct causeway/road – Peru
- Soil nailed slopes with erosion protection adjacent to dam – Brasil
- Erosion protection for key infrastructure – Costa Rica
- Channel Lining with G-CCM to reduce irrigation water leakage – Chile
The International Geosynthetics Society thanks and congratulates all participants! IGS Corporate Members provide enormous financial, technical, and promotional support to the professional society. We look forward to future Corporate Case Study Competitions and the finals at 12ICG in Rome!