During GeoAsia7 (31 October – 4 November 2022), in Taipei, Taiwan, the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) held its third Corporate Case Study competition open exclusively to IGS Corporate Members. A shortlist of six entries were presented during the conference, all of which focused on geosynthetic projects in Asia.
The winning entry from GeoAsia7 now goes forward to the International Final Corporate Case Study Competition in September 2023 at the 12th International Conference on Geosynthetics (12ICG) in Rome, Italy. It will join the winning entries selected at GeoAmericas, EuroGeo, and GeoAfrica (to be determined in February 2023). Corporate Members still have time to submit their entries for GeoAfrica2023.
GEOASIA7 CORPORATE CASE STUDY WINNERS
- ACEGrid® Reinforced Earth Containment Structure For Abutment Seismic Protection – Taiwan by Ike Chen, Heng Chih Cheng, Peter Huang, and Jason Wu of ACE Geosynthetics.
GeoAsia7 Runner Up
- Application Of Innovated GCL Vertical Barrier System In Landfill Remediation – China by Yongya Zheng of Director, Tianjin Zhonglian Gelin Science and Technology Development Co. Ltd
Additional Shortlisted Presentation
- Vacuum PVD improvement: A Case Study of Second Improvement of Soft Bangkok Clay on Subsiding Ground – Thailand by Ceteau
- Landslide Rehabilitation at Tindharia with Slope Stabilization Drainage Improvement and Road Widening Using TerraNail and TerraLink Technology – India by Terre Armee
- Reinforced Soil Structure Use with Gabion and Geostraps to Support Bow String Bridge at Kondapochamma Sagar Reservoir – India by TechFab
- Shepparton High-Rate Anaerobic Lagoon (HRAL) Geosynthetics Cover Replacement – Australia by FabTech
The International Geosynthetics Society thanks and congratulates all participants! IGS Corporate Members provide enormous financial, technical, and promotional support to the professional society. We look forward to future Corporate Case Study Competitions and the finals at 12ICG in Rome!