In a meeting held online on June 2nd, the present members elected the board that will head IGS Brazil through July 2023.
With most of the board members re-elected for the positions they already occupied, the election brought a new contribution, with Prof. Dr. Gregório Araújo (University of Brasilia) assuming the duties of treasurer of the Brazilian Chapter.
Among the achievements of the last administration, the following stand out:
- “IGS Brazil On Net” webinar series, with 12 webinars presented by specialists in specific topics and more than 20,000 views;
- GeoAmericas 2020, carried out fully online, in a pioneering initiative with live transmission of presentations, training and discussion sessions, virtual exhibition, mobile app for interaction between participants, and more;
- First Educate the Educators (EtE) held online, featuring theoretical classes, dynamic workshops, and case history presentations by sponsors;
- Creation of an Instagram profile to disseminate technical content and agenda related to geosynthetics, quickly reaching more than 1000 followers under the management of the Brazilian Young Members Committee;
- Scientific Initiation and Graduation Project Report Awards, carried out by undergraduate students, with the offering of internship opportunities for the awardees by IGS Brazil and ABINT corporate members;
- Implementation of an automated system for managing members and association finances;
- Publication of a new website, with a bold design to facilitate navigation, dynamic publication of news, and integration to the exclusive area for members and the management system.
Elected unanimously, the new Deliberative Council of IGS Brazil will be composed as follows:
- President – Victor Pimentel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President 1 – Prof. Dr. Maria das Graças Gardoni (email@example.com)
- Vice President 2 – Dr. Carlos Vinicius Benjamim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General Secretary – Prof. Dr. Natália Correia (email@example.com)
- Treasurer – Prof. Dr. Gregório Luis Silva Araújo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In addition to maintaining the projects that are already part of IGS Brazil’s schedule, the new management foresees the development of programs to support applied research, forming partnerships between universities and the geosynthetics industry, and the creation of a perennial project that allows integrating the several interested in the good use of geosynthetic materials around the dissemination of information.