Seven eminent speakers – including JP Giroud – are set to make keynote addresses at the 4th African Regional Conference on Geosynthetics (4th GeoAfrica).
IGS Egypt is looking forward to welcoming delegates to the event on February 20-23, 2023, at the Cairo Marriott Hotel in Cairo, Egypt. Themed ‘Geosynthetics in sustainable infrastructures and mega projects’, the conference aims to explore the current and growing opportunities for geosynthetics in major programs in the area across a wide range of applications.
Day one will focus on geosynthetics in hydraulic applications, day two on reinforcement applications, and the final day on barrier systems. Visitors can also enjoy a site visit and gala dinner.
Keynote speakers will be:
- JP Giroud – ‘Lining Canals with geomembranes’.
- Richard Bathurst – ‘The role of geosynthetic stiffness and strength in soil reinforcement applications’.
- Jorge Zornberg – Advances on the use of geosynthetics in roadway applications’.
- Chungsik Yoo – ‘Geosynthetics in sustainable transportation infrastructure construction – fundamentals and global challenges’.
- Daniele Cazzuffi – ‘Geosynthetics in tunnels and underground structure applications’.
- Malek Bouazza – title to be confirmed.
- Kelvin Legge Lecture – speaker and title to be confirmed.
The Kelvin Legge Lecture will debut at GeoAfrica4. It is one of four new IGS keynote lectures launched earlier this year to honor some of the industry’s most pioneering practitioners.
Mohamed Salah Morsy, secretary general of the organizing committee, said: “The chapter is working hard to create a lively and informative event for all so we’re particularly delighted to welcome such respected speakers to address our conference over the three days. GeoAfrica4 is nearly here so register now to avoid missing out!”
For more information and to register, visit the conference website here.