Register now for a unique week of virtual lectures to mark the IGS’s 40th anniversary this November.
Geosynthetics pioneer JP Giroud will be giving a keynote talk on the impact of geosynthetics on the 40th anniversary of the IGS’s foundation on Friday, November 10.
His lecture on ‘Geosynthetics: The discipline beyond the products’ will be preceded by a packed schedule of live talks by some of the industry’s most exciting and experienced professionals from around the world, offering a global perspective on where the industry is now and its potential for the next 40 years.
But that’s not all. Members will get the chance to quiz the IGS Officers in daily ‘Ask the Officer’ sessions. While the Officers are open to any questions, you have a chance to dig deeper into the IGS’s strategic goals as set out in the recently released IGS Strategy Report 2022-2026, with each officer fielding questions on a particular strategic aim, as follows:
Influential – Vice President Edoardo Zannoni
Sustainable – Treasurer Jie Han
Representative – Secretary General Laura Carbone
Trusted – Past President Chungsik Yoo
President Sam Allen will round off the anniversary week in an ‘ask me anything’ session.
If you would like to ask a question please email IGS Secretary General Elise Oatman at firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Ask the Officer’ in the subject line. Include your question and the Officer you would like to put it to.
The lecture schedule is as follows (please note time zones):
Monday, November 6
- 7am Central Time (13:00 UTC): Ask the Officer: IGS Vice President Edoardo Zannoni, with moderator Executive Director John Kraus
- 8am Central Time (14:00 UTC): Jorge Zornberg on ‘The power behind learning geosynthetics’, with moderator Edoardo Zannoni
- Register for Day 1 : https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUofumsrDgvHNExVGkUX0WEnAKKKZisHkgQ
Tuesday, November 7
- 7am Central Time (13:00 UTC): David Shercliff and Kasia Zamara on ‘40 years saving the earth’ , with moderator John Kraus
- 8am Central Time (14:00 UTC): Ask the Officer: IGS Treasurer Jie Han, with moderator John Kraus
- Register for Day 2: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYkcOyhpzorHNHIy3gNitbTpU10M7EFpUe0
Wednesday, November 8
- 5pm China time (9:00a UTC): Huabei Liu on ‘Geosynthetics in China: history, manufacturing, and applications’, with moderator John Kraus
- 12pm CET (11:00a UTC): Ask the Officer: IGS Secretary General Laura Carbone, with moderator John Kraus
- 2pm South Africa time (12:00p UTC): Jabulile Msiza, ‘African case studies and opportunities’, with moderator Laura Carbone
- Register for Day 3: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAkduusqTguG9M9-byGPHylqnxcTVVV5c_A
Thursday, November 9
- 10am Tokyo time (1:00a UTC): Fumio Tatsuoka on ‘Geosynthetic-reinforced soils structures for the last 40 years in Japan’, with moderator Chungsik Yoo
- 11am KST time (2:00a UTC): Ask the Officer: IGS Past President Chungsik Yoo
- Register for Day 4: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsce2qqjsvGdLO0ryouWe4WQ02yaW6P8zM
Friday, November 10
- 7am Central Time (13:00 UTC): JP Giroud on ‘Geosynthetics: The discipline beyond the products’, with moderator Sam Allen
- 8am Central Time (14:00 UTC): Ask the Officer: IGS President Sam Allen, with moderator John Kraus
- Register for Day 5: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMpd-ugpzssGNYS1YHH3NABONJjv5JUC5FJ
If you have any questions about any of the sessions please email Elise Oatman at email@example.com.