The 20th IGS Council is set! Following the conclusion of the election earlier this year, the IGS Council co-opted and invited members during the first Council meeting in Warsaw, Poland to better represent the diversity of the IGS membership within the Council.
The newly co-opted members of the IGS Council are:
- Jie Han (USA), IGS Treasurer
- Huabei Liu (China),
- G L Sivakumar Babu (India),
- Francisco Pizarro (Chile), Pan American Committee Chair
- Maria das Graças A. Gardoni (Brazil)
Co-opted Members enjoy the same voting rights as elected Members and shall retire or stand for election at the first ballot after the date of co-option.
Invited members of the Council are:
- Rami El-Sherbiny (Egypt)
- Julia Putih (Malaysia)
- Tao Han (China)
- Jacques Cote (Canada), as the IGS Foundation representative
- Dawie Marx (USA), as the Young Members Committee representative
The full 20th Council roster can be found here or below: