We are excited to announce that the IGS is sponsoring a competition to create a new logo for the IGS Young Members Committee! We want a bold new logo that serves to represent the Young Members of IGS yet maintains elements of the IGS theme currently used worldwide. Some examples of current chapter logos are displayed below.
The winner will receive a $250 USD Amazon gift card and recognition for creating our official logo.
Runner up will receive a $50 USD Amazon gift card.
1. To participate, you must be a registered IGS Young Member. Don’t worry, its easy to register and FREE for students.
To help with your logo design, please feel free to download the IGS Logo. This logo may be a source of inspiration for your creation or be incorporated with your design. Use of this logo is NOT a requirement for the competition. Proper use of this logo is covered under the copyright of the IGS.
2. Files should be in PNG or JPEG format and less than 5mb in size
3. Submit a short (300 word max) description of your design
4. Maximum 3 entries per person
5. Deadline for submissions is September 6, 2019.
6. Entrants will be judged by a evaluation committee of the IGS Young Members International Board. Consideration will be given to the following qualities:
• Fitting display of “IGS” lettering
• Evokes the theme of youth / young members
In the unlikely event that none of the submissions are judged to be superior to the current logo, the committee shall maintain the current logo. First place and runner up contestants will still be judged and awarded.
Thank you for your participation!
For questions about the IGS Young Members Logo Competition please contact IGSsec@GeosyntheticsSociety.org. To learn more about IGS Young Members Committee, visit https://www.geosyntheticssociety.org/committees/young-members-committee/.