The IGS Foundation and the IGS Young Member Committee is excited to announce the launch of a scholarship program for the GeoAsia7 Young Engineers Conference. The GeoAsia7 Young Engineers Conference is scheduled to take place virtually on the 31st of October 2022. More details on the conference can be found below.
The following scholarships are available to IGS members under the age of 36 at the time of the conference:
- Fifteen scholarships for virtual registration to the Young Engineers Conference and GeoAsia7. This scholarship is open to all IGS Young members.
- Five travel grants of $500 each to attend the GeoAsia7 conference in person. This scholarship is limited to Young Members from the IGS Asia region.
To apply for a scholarship:
- Submit your abstract to the Young Engineers Conference at https://geoasia7.com/ and select “*Young Engineers Conference” as the subject. The abstract deadline is the 30th of May.
- Fill in the application form for the scholarships at https://forms.gle/115YhAf4LMwAQMSAA . You will need your IGS number for the application form.
- Submit a two-page abbreviated CV, as well as a letter of recommendation from an IGS member to email@example.com . The title of your email should be “GeoAsia7 YM Scholarship – Your Name”.
The deadline for applying for these scholarships is the 14th of May. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is no IGS chapter in your country, you can apply for individual membership at www.geosyntheticssociety.org/memberships/. Student membership is free!
GeoAsia7 Young Engineers Conference
The Young Engineers Conference, scheduled to take place on the 31st of October at GeoAsia7, has adopted a virtual mode of delivery. This will allow Young Members from across the world to attend the Conference.
The Young Engineers Conference requires only a two-page extended abstract from participants and registration is only $60. This session will allow Young Members to present to their peers in an informal atmosphere. You can discuss pitfalls of your case history, future steps in your research work, or use the audience as a sounding board for current challenges in your work/research. Second authors of papers submitted to the main conference are also invited to present the results of that paper at this session. IGS Young Members are under the age of 36 at the time of the conference.
Conference home page: http://www.geoasia7.org/YoungEngineersConference.html