The International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) continues to diversify its educational offerings, holding major in-person conferences, supporting webinars, opening its vault of technical papers to the world, and, increasingly, posting videos.
The IGS YouTube Channel includes a number of notable entries that IGS members and affiliated geotechnical professionals are encouraged to subscribe to and follow.
IGS University Online Lecture Series
The new IGS University Online Lecture Series provides high-quality lectures from leading practitioners on key topics in the field. Four lectures have been added in the past couple months with more to come. The current offerings:
- Geosynthetic Properties and Testing – Dr. George Koerner, 45 minutes
- An Introduction to Geosynthetics – Prof. Chungsik Yoo, 15 minutes
- Geosynthetic Functions – Prof. Erol Guler, 55 minutes
- Geosynthetic Products and Their Manufacturing Methods – Kent von Maubeuge, 54 minutes
Educate the Educators
The Educate the Educators initiative has delivered top-tier training to university and college professors around the world. The program provides example lectures and helps higher education leaders incorporate geosynthetics into their active curricula.
This IGS video explains the program. Get involved!
Few endeavors have become as important to the IGS than sustainability. Geosynthetics play an enormous role in improving the economics and sustainable performance of modern infrastructure.
(Have you visited the IGS’s new Sustainability page?)
On the YouTube Channel, the IGS shares important sustainability-focused videos such as Dr. Nathalie Touze’s Giroud Lecture (“Healing the World: A Geosynthetics Solution”) and the Geosynthetics for Sustainable Development presentation that is also available in Chinese, French, German, Korean, and Portuguese.
Two for a Few
The IGS Two for a Few series brings together major figures in geosynthetics and engineering for short conversations. Current installments include:
- Former IGS President Dr. Russell Jones discusses exposed services lives of geosynthetics with the late Dr. Robert Koerner
- Nathalie Touze sits down with Dr. JP Giroud, for whom the prestigious Giroud Lecture is named
- Laura Carbone talks with former IGS Council member Elizabeth Peggs
- IGS Secretary General Edoardo Zannoni and Dr. Dipanjan Basu examine why sustainability is such an important topic for geosynthetics
These are just some of the offerings on the IGS YouTube Channel. Many more items are forthcoming. Learn more and follow the videos here.