Technical Committee Applications – Barrier Systems
IGS Technical Committee Guidelines
Membership of an IGS Technical Committee (TC) is open to professionals who specialize in the areas covered by the TC in question, i.e. barrier systems, hydraulic applications, soil reinforcement or stabilization.
Membership of a TC requires submitting the IGS TC membership application form.
Applications from any IGS member are welcome and will be decided by the leadership of the relevant TC.
The leadership of each TC reserves the rights to:
- limit the number of members from the same company, in order to maintain the overall balance of membership
- invite non-IGS members to contribute to specific tasks, where these will be of benefit to the IGS and its membership.
While the time commitment is not significant, we expect all TC members to regularly participate in TC activities, including active participation in discussions, virtual and physical meetings. When representing their TC at technical events, TC members are required to share their presentations/papers with the Committee Secretary.
Please note that as an IGS member, you may opt to receive periodic mailings from any TC without joining it.
The leadership of each TC reserves the right to:
- discontinue any non-active membership, in order to allow new members to join and contribute.
For the TC of which you are a member, you:
- will be invited to propose topics for the agenda of TC general meetings (e.g. at IGS conferences)
- will be invited to participate in discussions by e-mail and other virtual means on a regular basis
- will be given priority to lead the organization of TC activities and contribute technical content
- may represent your TC at seminars, workshops or other technical meetings
- will have access to all documents (e.g., working documents, references)
Data Usage and Terms and Conditions
We use your personal data responsibly. The IGS Technical Committees operate according to the IGS policy on privacy and data usage (insert link) and the IGS website terms and conditions. (insert link). By applying to become a TC member, you agree to be bound by the same policy and terms.