7ICEG – 7th International Congress on Envrionmental Geotechnics
The 7th International Congress on Environmental Geotechnics (ICEG) will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 10-14 November 2014. This International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), TC 215 Environmental Geotechnics event will be hosted and organized by Engineers Australia. Geosynthetics veteran Prof. Malek Bouazza is serving as the conference chair.
In his invite letter, Prof. Bouazza writes, “This Congress aims to bring together practitioners and researchers in Environmental Geotechnics and related disciplines to discuss the advances which have been achieved in the past 20 years or so.”
THEMES FOR 7 ICEG
- Planning, legislation and regulatory control
- Containment and management of waste
- Contaminant fate and transport assessment
- Soil, ground vapour and groundwater remediation and redevelopment of derelict land
- Landfill gas management and greenhouse emission abatement
- Energy related geoenvironmental technology
- Waste containment facilities closure and aftercare
- Waste management of disaster affected areas
- Biogeotechnical Engineering
- Developments in geosynthetics for environmental protection.
Learn more at the event website: