Educate the Educators on Geosynthetics, China
With support of the IGS, the IGS China Chapter and the China Techncial Association for Geosynthetics, an Educate the Educators (ETE) program was held in China for the first time in August 2016. Prof. Chungsik Yoo, Vice President of IGS, delivered a speech in the opening ceremony and Prof. Chao Xu, Chair of Chinese Chapter delivered the closing address. A sample book including 33 types of geosynthetics was provided to attendees for their educational use at their institutions.
- location: Zhangjiajie, Hunan Province
- over 70 participants from more than 30 colleges and institutes of China
- more than 30 new IGS members recruited
- topics covered included types, function and properties of geosynthetics, reinforcement, application of geosynthetics in roadway and railway systems, hydraulics, erosion control and environmental protection
- lecturers: Prof. Chiwan Wayne Hsieh (National Pingtung University of Science and Technology), Prof. Chungsik Yoo (Sungkyunkwan University), Prof. Guangxin Li (Tsinghua University), Prof. Chao Xu (Tongji University), Prof. Guangqing Yang (Shijiazhuang Railway University), Mr. Boyd Ramsey (GSE Lining Technology Inc.) and Mr. Pietro Rimoldi (World Tech Engineering/Maccaferri)
- sponsors: GSE Environmental, Hock Technology, Hongxiang New Material, Maccaferri (China), Taian Modern Plastics