GeoAmericas 2024 is the 5th Pan-American Conference on Geosynthetics. The event, being held under the theme “Connecting State of the Art and State of Practice,” will take place April 28 – May 1, 2024 in Toronto. The organizers welcome proposals for Short Courses, Training Lectures, and Sessions.
IGS members are encouraged to Get Involved! Answer the Call!
Major topics at GeoAmericas 2024 include Sustainability, Energy, Mining, and Transportation Infrastructure. The conference themes page outlines a number of expected contributions under these topics. Additionally, the Technical & Education Committees welcome course, training lecture, and session topic offers for these topics.
Proposals are requested by January 31, 2023. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Highlights of GeoAmericas 2024
The program for GeoAmericas 2024 is designed to provide everyone with opportunity for professional growth in the technical program, networking, and trade show. Highlights include:
- First GeoAmericas to be held in Canada
- 2nd Zornberg Lecture (An exciting announcement forthcoming!)
- Celebrations of IGS Journals Geotextiles & Geomembranes (40th anniversary) and Geosynthetics International (30th anniversary)
- Celebration of ASTM International Committee D35 on Geosynthetics (40th anniversary)
- “GeoJeopardy” event for student teams incorporated into conference plenary sessions
- Access to leading practitioners in the mining sectors and affiliated industries that are redefining the global mining focus
- Access to leading climate scientists and influencers in climate change response and sustainability
- Significant local projects with geosynthetics
The Call for Proposals will overlap the Call for Abstracts (Opening January 16).
Sign up for the GeoAmericas 2024 newsletter list at www.geoamericas2024.org.
More IGS Regional Conferences: Lille to Host EuroGeo8 in September 2025