IGS Peru is preparing the country’s 4th National Congress on Geosynthetics. The biennial event returns to the Hotel Los Delfines in Lima, Peru 29 – 31 March 2017.
Abstracts are being accepted through 30 September 2016, with author notifications coming in mid-October and final papers due November 30.
The conference has left subject matter open to the geosynthetics community. The 2015 edition featured topics of relevance to Peru and the larger international engineering community. These topics included:
- Geosynthetics in road works
- MSE walls and slopes
- Foundation reinforcement (geogrids, geotextiles)
- Geomembrane durability
- CQA of geosynthetic installation
- Testing and laboratory accreditation
- Design and construction with drainage geocomposites
- Seismic reinforcement
- Past, present, and future of geosynthetics
In addition to its technical program, GeosPeru 2017 will offer an international exhibit with companies providing design and CQA engineering services, geosynthetics manufacturing, professional development opportunities, and more.
Major sponsors include TDM, Grupo, Maccaferri, Andex, and Feicheng Lianyi Engineering Plastics.