Calendar of Upcoming Events
Join International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) members and geosynthetics industry experts at IGS, IGS Chapter, and IGS-related events throughout the world, such as EuroGeo, GeoAfrica, GeoAsia, and GeoAmericas.
If you have questions on registration, attendance, or volunteering for any of these events please visit the specific conference website for the most current information or contact the IGS Secretariat: IGSsec@GeosyntheticsSociety.org.
Click on the tabs below for detailed event information.
This is the 11 th Francophone conference on geotextiles, geomembranes and related products organized by the French Committee on Geosynthetics (CFG). They are aimed at building owners, building owners, engineers, producers, distributors, specialized companies and laboratories. These technical meetings will include presentations, presentations, posters, a technical exhibition, exchange and training sessions. The papers will present concrete cases of applications of geosynthetics in Civil and Environmental Engineering illustrating the essential functions of these building materials. For more information, visit http://www.rencontresgeosynthetiques.org/.
Connect with more than 2,000 geotechnical professionals representing all facets of the geotechnical industry during Geotechnical Frontiers 2017. Immerse yourself in a sea of knowledge through a full schedule of short courses, workshops, training lectures, plenary sessions, technical papers, and panel discussions presented by experts in the field. Walk the show floor to see the latest developments in geotechnical products and services offered by the industry’s top companies and organizations. Plan for plenty of opportunities to network and socialize.
The trade show and all of events and education will be held at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, convenient to airports, hotels and major attractions.
IGS Peru is preparing the country’s 4th National Congress on Geosynthetics. The biennial event returns to the Hotel Los Delfines in Lima, Peru 29 – 31 March 2017.
Abstracts are being accepted through 30 September 2016, with author notifications coming in mid-October and final papers due November 30.
The conference has left subject matter open to the geosynthetics community. The 2015 edition featured topics of relevance to Peru and the larger international engineering community. These topics included:
- Geosynthetics in road works
- MSE walls and slopes
- Foundation reinforcement (geogrids, geotextiles)
- Geomembrane durability
- CQA of geosynthetic installation
- Testing and laboratory accreditation
- Design and construction with drainage geocomposites
- Seismic reinforcement
- Past, present, and future of geosynthetics
In addition to its technical program, GeosPeru 2017 will offer an international exhibit with companies providing design and CQA engineering services, geosynthetics manufacturing, professional development opportunities, and more.
Major sponsors include TDM, Grupo, Maccaferri, Andex, and Feicheng Lianyi Engineering Plastics.
Nowadays transportation infrastructure faces great challenges due to increasing of operation speed and load and construction in specific conditions. The International scientific conference “Transportation Geotechnics and Geoecology” will be held in Emperor Alexander I Petersburg State Transport University on May 17th – 19th, 2017 to give an up-to-date picture of the field of design, construction and exploitation of transport facilities and to share the latest experience.
Conference language – English.
The Symposium offers:
- A unique networking event attracting leading decision makers from across the geotextiles supply chain
- Top level speakers, presenting topics tailored to the needs of your company (all presentations will be simultaneously translated into English and Mandarin)
- Tabletop exhibition: a unique opportunity for businesses to meet and promote their products and services
- Ideal location and facilities for your additional business meetings
- Best practice in specifications of geotextiles
- Improved understanding of the market for geotextiles
- Identification of new opportunities for growth
- Promote your company and brand to a global audience
- Launch and demonstrate new technologies, products and services
- Establish new business contacts
The EurAsian Geotextiles Symposium is co-organised by both CNITA and EDANA.
The GeoMEast 2017 International Congress and Exhibition will be held in Sharm Elsheikh, Egypt from July 15 to 19, 2017. The GeoMEast SERIES is managed by SSIGE and supported by a number of leading international professional organizations.
Recent rapid construction in Egypt and the Middle East has provided great opportunities for bridge, pavement, geotechnical, geological, tunnel and all engineers to use their knowledge and talents to solve many challenging problems involving highways, bridge structures, pavements, materials, ground improvements, slopes, excavations, dams, canals and tunnels with innovative solutions and cutting-edge technologies.
GeoMEast 2017 will provide a showcase for recent developments and advancements in design, construction, and safety Inspections of transportation Infrastructures and offer a forum to discuss and debate future directions for the 21st century. Conference topics cover a broad array of contemporary issues for professionals involved in bridge, pavement, Geomechanics, geo-environmental, geotechnical, geosciences, geophysics, tunnel, water structures, railway and emerging techniques for safety inspections. You will have the opportunity to meet colleagues from all over the world for technical, scientific, and commercial discussions.
The program will include Podium Presentations, Poster Presentations, Keynote Lectures, Workshops, Courses, Awards, Technical Meetings, and Technical and Social Tours.
Simultaneous translation may be provided during the conference in Arabic, English, French, German, Russian and any other required languages.
The German Society for Geotechnical Engineering (DGGT) and its specialist areas of “Ground Mechanics”, “Rock Mechanics”, “Engineering Geology”, “Plastics in Geotechnics” and “Environmental Geotechnics” invite you to participate in the first “GeoTechnical Days – Interdisciplinary Forum” From 6 to 8 September 2017 to Würzburg. This event offers all participants the opportunity to attend the following five conferences / symposia:
- 20th Conference on Engineering Geology
- 22nd Symposium on Rock Mechanics and Tunnel Construction
- 1. Ground Mechanics Conference
- 15th Information and Presentation Conference on Plastics in Geotechnology FS-KGEO 2017
- 7. Symposium Environmental Geotechnics
The special feature of the trade section daily Geotechnics: All participants have access to all presentations of the individual events.
The individual meetings or symposia are carried out as separate sessions in parallel or alternatively in time on the 2 days.
The new event format will offer the above-mentioned specialist sections and all those interested in these areas a best-suited platform to meet and maintain the professional exchange, also in a matter-of-fact (section).
Take advantage of this opportunity to get informed about the latest experiences and latest findings from science and practice from five areas of geotechnical engineering!
For more information, visit http://fachsektionstage-geotechnik.com/.
GeoAfrica 2017 will be held between 08-11 October 2017 in Marrakech, Morocco. This major event marks the third African Regional Conference on Geosynthetics. To be held under the auspices of the International Geosynthetics Society (IGS) and hosted and organized by the IGS Moroccan Chapter, the event offers an exceptional opportunity for geosynthetics-related engineering and construction professionals to interact with the African continent’s growing infrastructure.
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it is my great honor and pleasure to invite you to the 11th International Conference on Geosynthetics (11ICG), which will be held in Seoul, Korea from September 16 to 21, 2018.
The Korean Geosynthetics Society (KGSS) is proud to be hosting the 11ICG and hopes to surpass all expectations. Under the theme “Geosynthetics: Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development,” the conference will cover diverse disciplines from fundamentals to applications. A stimulating scientific and practical engineering program will be offered alongside an extensive technical exhibition with more than 100 companies. Over 1000 participants from around the world from academia and industry will gather at the 11ICG to not only show their best, but to share valuable ideas and develop new friendships.
With fascinating ancient traditions and ultramodern lifestyle, the city of Seoul will surely be the center of many unforgettable moments. We look forward to welcoming you in Korea!
Chair, Organizing Committee of 11ICG
Vice President, International Geosynthetics Society
President, Korean Geosynthetics Society
- Sustainability and Green Technology with Geosynthetics
- Geosynthetic Barriers
- Geosynthetics in Filtration, Drainage and Erosion Control
- Reinforced Walls and Slopes
- Ground Improvement Using Geosynthetics
- Roads, Railways and Other Transportation Applications
- Soil-Geosynthetic Interaction
- Hydraulic Applications
- Innovative Uses and New Developments
- Case Histories
- Durability and Long Term Performance
- Physical and Numerical Analysis
- Geosynthetics Properties and Testing
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Design Approaches and Other Applications
- Abstract Submission & Session Proposal Deadline: December 30, 2016
- Abstract Acceptance Notice: March 31, 2017
- Paper Submission Deadline: September 29, 2017
- Paper Acceptance Notice: December 29, 2017
- Final Paper Submission & Early Registration Deadline: March 30, 2018